Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Holidays 2009


I can't believe that the Holidays have come and gone already. It's seems to go by faster each year! When I was little, I really thought that the month of December had 90 days, because it seemed to last forever. Not so anymore! I did, however, manage to get some fun stuff in this season.

In November, the ever anticipated New Moon came out! I went with all the girls in Adam's family. We did this last year for Twilight, so I think it has become a new tradition. We had such a good time, and we LOVED the movie!

Me and Adam got a chance to go to the Morman Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. It was amazing. Natalie Cole performed with the choir, and it was definately a once in a lifetime experience. We walked through Temple Square afterward. It was FREEZING, so we didn't stay long!

I also continued a lifelong tradition of getting together with my best friends Phyllis, Liz and Ellie to exchange gifts and watch a vintage Christmas cartoon that we've done since we were kids. I feel so blessed to have such amazing and faithful friends! We have so much fun together and I can really kick back, relax, and be myself when I'm with them. To call them friends is actually and understatement. They are more like sisters.

And finally Christmas! Christmas Eve was spent with my family. My mom and I cooked a pretty mean Christmas dinner if I do say so myself! Tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, buttery croissants, etc...It was sooo good, I looked about 3 months pregnant after I ate everything! Adam had to work until 8pm (grrrr) so I did dinner with my fam, then met up with Adam at his parents house around 8:30. It is Miller tradition to have a pinata and limbo. I know, I know, but it's tradition, and it's really fun :) My bro-in-law Danny made a tougher than nails pinata for the adults. Good job Dan :) And no, there will be no pictures from limbo. It's just not pretty, trust me. Christmas morning we headed to my sis-in-law Steph's house for Breakfast and presents. It's one of my favorite traditions. This was my ninth year there! She and her husband always have a great feast for us. Then we went to my parents for lunch and presents. This is the one time around Christmas where my whole family get's to be together. My sister Amy and her family come from Springville, and it's always wild and crazy with all the kids, but so much fun :) We did a chocolate fountain and the neices LOVED it! What could be better than flowing chocolate, right?! Then Adam and I went and saw Avatar in 3D. It was a very well done movie, and the 3D was unbelievable!

New Moon night with the girls


Temple Square after the MOTAB concert



I got liz the same slippers that I had


Me, Phyllis and Ellie toasting to a Merry Christmas


Adam and his nephew Nate looking like tough guys



Christmas morning breakfast, bright and early!!

My two neices Sophie and Olivia getting drunk off of the chocolate fountain :)

4 comments:

  1. Natty Your Holidays seemed like lots of fun... I know what you mean about when we were kids it seemed like we had to wait forever and now it just goes by to fast and before you know it your celebrating another new years eve... I remember Christmas break from school would be so fun because we would all play Donkey Kong and barbies... You are my sister and I am glad we have kept our tradition and never will break it... One day when we have kids they will watch our show with us too... I am so glad you are in my life... I love Yah Natty and so does Ellie....
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I now live in Springville huh? BTW, I want to know what was in your glass??:) love ya sis, keep up the good work. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, don't you?!! Or is it consindered Mapleton?! My bad :) Love ya, oh and we were poundin' the sparkling cider :) We were all sober!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I live in Mapleton:). Glad to hear about the sparkling cider, Ya know I wonder about you sometimes (ha,ha). love ya!

    ReplyDelete