Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Ahhhh, Dental Spa......

Ok, so I haven't been to the dentist in about 1 1/2 years. Number 1: I thought that my dental coverage was $2000 total, and Adam has well exceeded that amount already with his very needy mouth. Come to find out, it's $2000 per person. So that brings me to number 2: I just hate going to the dentist! I almost always have cavities, and it's always so uncomfortable. So, I knew I had to go, and I had heard about this place called the Dental Spa. I read about it online, and it got rave reviews, so I figured if I have to go, might as well enjoy it somewhat. And it's covered by insurance.
Well, let me tell you, it was VERY enjoyable!! When I walked in the door, a very friendly girl said "Hi Natalie! Welcome to the Dental Spa!!" She then took me to their "waiting room", which is what you see in the picture. It had 5 massage chairs, very zen environment, and calming music playing. This is where I filled out my paperwork :) The wait was about 15 minutes, but for all I cared, it could have been an hour. Why haven't more offices thought of this!!?? Then a man came in and had me dip my hands in warm paraffin wax, covered them in plastic, then big warm fuzzy mitts. I proceeded to the dreaded dentist chair. He did the typical x-rays, then sent in my dentist. She offered me a warm or cool eye compress, which I turned down (I had makeup on my eyes) and then she herself cleaned my teeth (quite thorough, and a little painful, but I have sensitive gums). She was very nice and asked if I had any concerns or questions. Then she looked at my x-ray's and informed me that I had two cavities :( I guess that's not too bad for skipping almost 2 years.
Then, the best part. She turned down the lights and said she was sending in someone to give me a cranial and neck massage. The same guy who did my hands came in and asked if I had any stress points. He then proceeded to massage my face, temples, neck and shoulders with lavender oils. Last he peeled of the gloves, leaving me with soft hands. I've never been so relaxed after a dentist visit!! I'm actually a tiny bit excited that I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get my cavities filled! Can you say that about your dentist??

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to this dentist.... I wouldn't mind an hour wait either... I love the wax stuff that goes on the hands and that is cool they use oils... I have never heard of this kind of place... I imagine you can't wait to get those cavities filled, hopefully that is just as enjoyabLE... Luv Yah P

    ReplyDelete