Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I had such a fun weekend!! On Saturday night Adam and I went to his friend Chris' house and had a BBQ, then we went up to Eaglewood to watch the fireworks. I LOVE watching fireworks, no matter how old you get, they still are so exciting. We had little kids sitting behind us that we so amazed by each firework that went up, it was so fun to hear their excitement and remember being little.
On Sunday, my sweet niece Zoey was blessed. She looked so adorable, and my brother Randy gave her such a beautiful blessing. This was also the first blessing in my family Adam has stood in since my niece Abbey, who is now 9 years old!! It was really awesome to see him up there. We then went to Randy and Alex's house to celebrate and visit with family and friends.
Monday was the really fun day :) We woke up early and met at my parents. The boys went up to Pineveiw Resovoir early and got the boat loaded and our beach site saved. Then everyone else went up. We all took turns going out on my sister Amy's boat. I had forgotten how much fun it is!!! I'm not super daring, so I just did tubing with my sister, but I have not laughed so hard in a long time. We were both screaming and laughing and bouncing out of control. Adam did some wakeboarding for the most part. The best part however, was getting my parents out on the tube. I don't think my mom's been at the back of a boat since her 20's. We promised them we wouldn't get them wet, so my fully clothed dad got on the back of the tube. My brother in law Kirk was very kind and only went about 8 miles per hour. They were having a great time until they came to a stop. The were both leaning forward so much that they tipped over and fell in the water! We were all laughing SOOO hard on the boat. They were such good sports and were laughing too. I think it was the funnest part of the whole weekend :)
After boating we headed back to my parents for a BBQ. It was so much fun to spend all day with my family. Having everyone together always makes me so thankful for the family I'm in. We all love each other so much and get along so well. I don't think I can say enough how much I love my family!!! Thanks everyone for such a fun weekend!!!!!!!!!
Jado kept falling asleep, all that boat rocking!!

Shelisa and Benny livin' in up!

Sophie and Kes cuddling :)

Sophie, Shelisa and Kes

Adam wakeboarding

Handsome boy :)

Cutting the wake


Me and my sis!!


Benny getting strapped in

My cute parents on the tube!


My fully clothed, perfectly coifed father floating in the lake! (no picture
of mom, she would have cut me out of the will!)


2 comments:

  1. Tubing is way fun! I can't stand up on skis or a board...but I can sit on my bootie like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a BLast!!! I am looking forward to boating on our upcoming trip to Bear Lake... I am glad we all saw each other the other day and I hope you are having fun in St. George with your Mamma... That is cool that Amy's family got a boat hopefully you guys can go a few more times this Summer.... Love P

    ReplyDelete