Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cell to Well 2010



Saturday Adam ran the "Cell to Well" 5k. It's a race for The Backstreet Club, which is where he has gone the past couple of years for recovery meetings. The club is completely self funded by it's members, and in the summer, less people show up for meetings, so less money is coming in. Every spring they do Cell to Well to raise money to keep the club going. Recovering addicts and their family and friends can run either a 15k or a 5k. They are asked to try to get sponsers to donate to the club. Adam and I raised $305!! Thank you to our family and friends who donated so generously....we couldn't have gotten to where we are today without your love and support!!!
Adam came in 3rd, and I am sooooo proud of him! Not just for the race, but for the leaps of progress he's made in his life. I love you babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adam and his mom after the race


The winners of the 15k and 5k

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment! I can hardly run to the mailbox and back without being out of breath.We all need to get together soon. I have seen Jessie and Chris quite a bit latley and they are always wanting to get a bunch of us old friends together and do dinner or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome :) Me and Jessie are gonna try to get together after I get off work Friday, so I will talk to her about it! Gosh, I don't think I've seen you since my wedding!! Way too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations adam! amazing couple you are, i think you guys are numbered among the sexiest couples alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natty~ I am proud of you guys for raising so much money... Good Job Adam for coming in third but more importantly for all you have accomplished... I am proud of you Natty as well for always being a support system for Adam and your friends like me... You are a good person and I love you bunches... Great job you two.... Love Philly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks P!! It is great to have supportive friends :) I hope you had fun on your trip!
    Stacia-you are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete