Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Dear Ella 2.4.13

Dear Ella,

Oh baby baby baby, today was not a great day.  Let's start with yesterday (sunday).  You woke up with a cough and a slight fever, but you seemed ok.  Daddy stayed home from church with you, while I went.  I got a calling today (kind of an activities planner), which I was excited about.  When I got home you and Daddy were playing and you seemed great!  We had Grandma and Papa Miller over for the Superbowl game.  Around 5:00pm you started to get really grumpy.  But you went to bed great, so that was good!  Until 12:30am.....coughing so bad and so sad :(  I went in and rocked you until 2:30am.  Then you woke up again at 3:30am.  Then again at 4:00am.  At this point, I just got in your crib with you and snuggled you for the next three hours. (pays to be a small person sometimes!)  Zoe came over today and you guys seemed pretty good.  Zoe still has a cough too.  Well, Zoe went home and you went down for your nap at the regular time (12:40pm).  Unfortunately, you woke up at 1:25pm.  Very short nap.  You were having such a hard time breathing and you were sooooooo sad :(  It made mommy cry to see you so upset.  So I wrapped you up in some blankies and we went outside so you could breathe in some cold air.  Because at this point, I'm realizing you have croup, again.  You had it a couple of months ago too.  When you had it before, I took you to Dr. Doug and he gave you some steroids to take.  I gave you two doses that day and two doses again the next day.  It turned you into the Angry Incredible Hulk.  I swore I wouldn't give you steroids again.  Until I heard you not being able to breathe today.  So I had Papa Miller bring over the steroids (only gave you half a dose and am not gonna give you any in the day), and he and your Daddy gave you a Priesthood blessing.  This made Mommy feel A LOT better.  I love that your Daddy and Papa can help you in this way.  I know that you will feel a lot better tomorrow because of this.  I'm trying not to be too sad about you being sick, but it's hard because I love you so stinkin' much that it REALLY SUCKS seeing you hurt and feel crummy :(  But, I think, I know that tomorrow will be a better day.  You tried so hard to be happy today, even though you felt awful.  I really admire that.  You are Mommy's angel and I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!  Right now it's 8:30pm, you've been asleep for two hours and I haven't heard any coughing yet, so that's promising.  I have also rubbed every essential oil possible all over your chest, back and feet, and have it diffusing in your room.  I've got all my bases covered! Medical, holistic, and spiritual!  Can you tell I want you to feel better ASAP?
Well baby girl, here's to a better day tomorrow!  We'll have lots of fun :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment