Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dear Ella, February 19th, 2013

Dear Ella,

Well, this is the first chance I've gotten to sit down at the computer since Valentines Day, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell you some of the reasons why I ADORE you.
When I look at you, I feel joy.  Genuine, pure, joy.  I love the shape your face takes when you smile.  Doesn't matter if it's a laughing smile, or a forced smile, or a playful smile.  It makes your eyes light up and does something to me that I can't explain.  I love your kind spirit.  You really know how to make your Mommy and Daddy feel so loved.  As much as I will complain about when you wake up in the middle of the night, there is something really special about these times too.  It's the only time that you really, really hold on to me.  I'll come in and lift you out of your crib and sit down in our rocking chair.  You usually are grasping onto your blankie with one arm, and the other one wraps tightly around my neck.  You pull my face down into yours and let out a little sigh, like that's the best thing in the world, to be so close to me.  I. Love. It.  Even when I'm so tired I can't see straight, I love this moment.  I love watching you and your Daddy together.  You guys have such an amazing, special relationship!  When you hear the garage door open at the end of the day, you say "Garage door......DADDY!!!" You spend the next two hours chasing him around and wrapping him around your pinkie finger.  I love this interaction.  I love your intelligence.  You are SO DANG SMART!! I may be biased, but I think you are the smartest little girl on the planet.  You will tell me words and sentences that I don't recall teaching you.  It really makes me realize that you are so aware of your surroundings, and makes me want to be sure to surround you with good, positive things, because you are soaking it all in like a little sponge.  I love that you love to have your tummy and legs tickled in the morning when I change you out of your jammies.  Sometimes you will let your mouth fall open and your eyes will kinda roll into the back of your head because it feels so darn good!  This makes me laugh out loud, you are so funny!  I love your confidence.  I PRAY that this stays with you as you grow older.  Right now, when your Mommy and Daddy tell you how special you are, you believe us.  I hope you always will and that you will grow to KNOW within yourself that you are special and amazing.  I love when you sing.  You love to twirl around and sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  You know every single word, and you DO NOT like to get help from your Mommy or Daddy when you are singing!  I love you spirit!  It bursts out of you in this beautiful light and it makes me feel so blessed to just be around you, and be your Mommy.  You are my special little girl, my beautiful Valentine, and I love you!

Mommy


2 comments:

  1. Love these sweet letters to her! Something you will never regret doing. I write about Isley often in my journal but not to her and i need to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I figured everything I was posting was about her anyways, so may as well make it TO her! I think it will be fun for her to have them to go back and read when she's older.

    ReplyDelete